Sometimes it can be challenging to find the perfect gift for a wedding. Because weddings are meant to be a day of celebration and positivity, wedding gift etiquette can really make a noticeable impact. Here are a few pointers on how to make the most of your special gift for the people you love.
- Take Advantage of Online Registries: Today, most couples prefer the ease of creating a wedding registry on the internet and then having those gifts delivered directly to their home address. This takes away the hassle of having to move a swath of boxes from one location to another.
- It Takes Two: If you plan to attend the wedding with your friend or significant other, instead of buying two separate gifts, it is better to spring for a more expensive gift together. By jointly contributing to one special gift, it will inevitably offer something way more memorable that the couple can both enjoy.
- Showers and Weddings Are Different: Wedding shower gifts and wedding gifts should remain separate. Shower gifts usually encompass home necessities or something a little playful, while wedding gifts should be more formal and original.
- Budget Wisely: Low on funds for that special gift you’ve been eyeing? There is nothing wrong with taking some time to save up for a one-of-a-kind item instead of simply purchasing what you can afford prior to the wedding. The general rule is to make sure the gift is delivered to the wedding couple within 3 months after the wedding ceremony takes place.
- Do Something Different: Wedding registries make it easy for guests to see what gifts have already been bought. If it seems like the gifts are heavy on the necessity side, try something a little different such as oft-forgotten home decor gifts. Exclusive collectibles like Herend Figurines and hand-painted porcelains are sure to stand out among the crowd of other gifts.
Find the most beautiful home decor and so much more for the happy couple right here at Scully & Scully today.